We hope you can join us on Willow Island for the 2016 Midwest Horse Fair!
Please read the following rules and regulations carefully.
GENERAL CAMPING INFORMATION:
• Overnight accommodations are available to Midwest Horse Fair participants only: including exhibitors, horse participants, performers, clinicians, and eligible MHF volunteers (to be eligible, one person in your party must volunteer for a minimum of 9 hours). A minimum of three nights of camping is required.
• Opportunity for 30 amp guaranteed electricity (limited number of spots available; assigned as applications with payment are received; electricity included with nightly camping fee). Dry camping (no electricity) will be available when all camping spaces with electricity are filled (same nightly rate as 30 amp spots).
• Option for 50 amp guaranteed electricity (limited number of spots available for additional charge).
• One vehicle per camping spot is allowed to remain on Willow Island. Vehicles must be parked in front of your designated camping spot.
• Water hook-ups are NOT available.
• Requests for specific sites will be considered, but not guaranteed.
• No personal generators allowed.
• Utility vehicles (golf carts, ATV’s, scooters, etc.) are not allowed on the grounds during public hours. Placards will be issued to approved carts. Operators of vehicles must have a valid drivers license and proof of insurance will be required. To request a permit, please contact the Midwest Horse Fair office at 920-623-5515 BY March 31st.
• To access the showers between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. you will need to use the west door of Pavilion One (closest to Pavilion Two). For security purposes, all other areas of Pavilion One are off-limits to anyone not participating on Stallion Avenue.
• Security will be on-site throughout the weekend.
ALLIANT ENERGY CENTER RULES & REGULATIONS:
• The Alliant Energy Center is closed from midnight to 6 a.m. Quiet must be observed during these hours.
• No firearms, fireworks, or dangerous weapons are permitted on the Alliant Energy Center premises.
• Fires are permitted only in campers’ own gas grills. Charcoal grills are not allowed on Alliant Energy Center grounds. All liquid and solid refuse must be placed in designated receptacles.
• Swimming, fishing, and boating are not permitted in Alliant Energy Center ponds.
• No amplified noise is permitted without permission. No noisy, drunk, or disorderly person shall be permitted to remain on the premises.
• Alliant Energy Center grounds must be vacated by 10 p.m. on Sunday.
MIDWEST HORSE FAIR CAMPING GUIDELINES:
• Registered campers must be 18 years of age as of April 14, 2016 or accompanied by an adult.
• Check-in for camping is on Wednesday from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m., and Thursday from 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. Arrival before Wednesday at 3 p.m. is prohibited.
• Cost of camping does not include admission and campers are required to purchase a 3-Day wristband separately. Admission wristbands will be checked as you enter and exit the camping area throughout the weekend.
• Each electrical post is for a single designated camping spot, sharing posts is not allowed.
• Horses are not allowed on the grounds until Thursday, April 14 at 8 a.m.
• Your MHF Camping Parking Permit and Camping Permit must be displayed at all times. Parking Permits will be numbered and distributed with your Camping Permit upon check-in. No person shall camp in any area except as designated and with prior approval. Note: Camping Parking Permit valid only at Olin Avenue entrance.
• For safety reasons, once you have parked the camper you must remain parked for the entire weekend. Campers are required to stay in place until 5 p.m. on Sunday.
• All items (this includes horses & any supplies, vendor supplies, etc.) must be unloaded before you are able to park in the camping area.
• No horses are allowed in designated camping areas or individual camping spots.
Spaces are not reserved until after payment has been received and are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Payment must be submitted BY MARCH 1, 2016. Campers must provide names of everyone in their camping party to the MHF office by March 31, 2016. Cancellations after March 31 are not eligible for a refund.
Click Here for the printable version of the Camping Information sheet.
Spectators can visit the Dane County Park System to learn about other camping options in the area.
Camping is assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis to Midwest Horse Fair participants only.