The 2015 Midwest Horse Fair Camping Application is now available!
Exciting changes are coming to the 2015 Midwest Horse Fair! Alliant Energy Center has shown their commitment to improving the grounds, and we look forward to unveiling the new look!
With the completion of the Pavilions, Alliant Energy Center has moved and upgraded the electrical facilities for camping on the grounds. Camping is now located on Willow Island. Moving to Willow Island means guaranteed electricity - no more blown circuits, fuses, and outlet shortages. Security and Midwest Horse Fair staff will be on the grounds throughout the weekend and will continue to monitor camping as they have in the past.
Please read the following rules and regulations carefully before submitting your Camping Reservation Application.
NEW- Featured Amenities in 2015:
- New Location - Willow Island!
- Opportunity for 30 amp guaranteed electricity (limited number of spots available; assigned on a first-come, first-served basis; electricity included with nightly camping fee)- Sold out. Dry camping (no electricity) will be available if all camping spaces with electricity are filled (same nightly rate as 30 amp spots).
- Option for 50 amp guaranteed electricity (limited number of spots available for additional charge)- Sold out.
- One vehicle per camping spot is allowed to remain on Willow Island. Vehicles must be parked in front of your designated camping spot and your Camping Parking Permit (in addition to your camping permit) needs to be displayed at all times. Parking permits will be numbered and distributed with your camping permit upon check-in. Note: Camping Parking Permit valid only at Olin Avenue entrance.
- Each electrical post is for a single designated camping spot. Campers will not be allowed to share posts.
- Personal generators are allowed as long as they are quiet running and do not disturb other campers.
- Restricted use of bikes, scooters, and golf carts will be permitted during show hours. Due to sponsorship agreements, the use of personal utility vehicles (i.e. gators, ATVs, UTVs, etc.) during show hours is strictly prohibited. All motorized vehicles will require a permit obtainable from the Midwest Horse Fair. To request a permit, please contact the Midwest Horse Fair office at 920-623-5515.
- Campers must provide names of everyone in their party that will be camping to the MHF office by March 31, 2015.
General Camping Information:
- Overnight accommodations are available to Midwest Horse Fair participants only: vendors, horse exhibitors, performers, clinicians, and eligible MHF volunteers (to be eligible, one person in your party must volunteer for a minimum of 9 hours). A minimum of three nights of camping is required.
- To reserve your camping space, fill out the Camping Application and submit payment BY MARCH 16, 2015. (Please note - your camping space is not reserved until after payment has been received).
- Requests for specific sites will be considered, but not guaranteed.
- Cost of camping does not include admission and campers are required to purchase a 3-Day wristband separately. Admission wristbands will be checked as you enter and exit the camping area throughout the weekend.
- Water hook-ups are NOT available.
- Security will be on-site throughout the weekend.
- Cancelations after March 31, 2015 are not eligible for a refund.
Midwest Horse Fair Camping Guidelines:
- Registered campers must be 18 years of age as of April 15, 2015, or accompanied by an adult.
- Check-in for camping is on Wednesday from 3 pm - 8 pm, and Thursday from 8 am - 9 pm. No arrival or camping is allowed on the grounds prior to 3 pm, Wednesday.
- Horses are not allowed on the grounds until Thursday, April 16 at 8 am.
- Your Midwest Horse Fair Camping Permit must be displayed at all times. No person shall camp in any area except as designated and with prior approval.
- For safety reasons, once you have parked the camper you must remain parked for the entire weekend. Campers are required to stay in place until 5 pm on Sunday.
- All items (this includes horses & any supplies, vendor supplies, etc.) must be unloaded before you are able to park in the camping area.
- No horses are allowed in designated camping areas or individual camping spots.
Alliant Energy Center Rules & Regulations:
- The Alliant Energy Center is closed from midnight to 6 am. Quiet must be observed during these hours.
- No firearms, fireworks, or dangerous weapons are permitted on the Alliant Energy Center premises.
- Fires are permitted only in campers' own gas grills. Charcoal grills are not allowed on Alliant Energy Center grounds. All liquid and solid refuse must be placed in designated receptacles.
- Swimming, fishing, and boating are not permitted in Alliant Energy Center ponds.
- No amplified noise is permitted without permission. No noisy, drunk, or disorderly person shall be permitted to remain on the premises.
- Alliant Energy Center grounds must be vacated by 10 pm, Sunday.
Spectators can visit the Dane County Park System to learn about other camping options in the area.
Camping is assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis to Midwest Horse Fair participants only.