Midwest Horse Fair Youth Rodeo
Kids and teens reach for superstardom in the rodeo ring!
Bull riding is a huge sport at the professional level, and many young kids and teens across the nation are looking to chase their dream of becoming a PBR champion. The Midwest Horse Fair wants to help them get a leg up by offering the all-new Midwest Horse Fair Youth Rodeo!
There will be three events: Bareback, Saddle Bronc, and Bull Riding. This rodeo will serve as a direct qualifying round for the regional finals for the bareback and saddle bronc events, and the champions will go on to the Junior National Finals Rodeo in December.
The horse riding events will be broken into four divisions:
- PeeWee (8 and under)
- Juniors (9-11)
- Seniors (12-14)
- Super Seniors (15-18)
The bull riding event will be broken into three divisions:
- Juniors (8-10)
- Seniors (11-13)
- Super Seniors (14-18)
This event is sponsored by Impact Gel and produced by Rank Lil Buckers. Those at Rank Lil Buckers work to help kids, from beginners to experienced riders, cultivate good sportsmanship and pursue their dream of riding bulls, while ensuring that the sport is as safe as possible for participants.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The max weight for entrants is 135 lb. for bulls.
- Super Seniors will ride on full size horses and bigger bulls than the minis.
- Participants will compete for cash prizes and a commemorative belt buckle.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Entries are open to all youth participants by calling 620-391-2069 from April 1st to April 16th or until the event is full.
- There is a $50 fee to enter the kids’ events and a $100 fee to enter the Super Senior events.
Midwest Horse Fair guests may attend this event FREE with their general admission ticket. Come out on Sunday, April 23rd to watch kids of all ages have a blast as they compete on horses and miniature bulls that were bred to buck!