Things to Know Before You Volunteer
Read these tips before applying!
Things to know before you volunteer:
- NEW FOR 2014: The minimum age to volunteer is 14. Volunteers must be 14 years or older as of April 10, 2014.
- Some volunteer areas fill up quickly, so please send your form back early.
- Positions are assigned on an as-needed basis. Job preferences are considered but not guaranteed.
- Your volunteer assignment and additional information will be sent by March 17, 2014.
- In order to camp, at least one person in your camping party must work a minimum of three volunteer shifts during the weekend for a total of 9 hours. A separate camping application along with payment is required to reserve your space.
- Border Patrol requirements include being at least 18 years of age and being able to ride a safe, crowd-suitable horse for all three days. Border Patrol participants must abide by the Midwest Horse Fair Code of Conduct
- NEW FOR 2014 BORDER PATROL: A photo or video must be submitted to complete your application. Please see the Border Patrol Application for photo or video requirements.