Things to Know Before You Volunteer
Read these tips before applying!
Things to know before you volunteer:
- The minimum age to volunteer is 14. Volunteers must be 14 years or older as of April 20, 2017.
- Some volunteer areas fill up quickly, so please send your form back early.
- Positions are assigned on an as-needed basis. Job preferences are considered but not guaranteed.
- You will receive your volunteer assignment and additional information in March.
- In order to camp, at least one person in your camping party must work a minimum of three volunteer shifts during the weekend for a total of 9 hours. A separate camping application along with payment are required to reserve your space.
- If you are volunteering Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please remember to use the Olin Avenue Entrance for Will Call.
- Assigned jobs may change as needed at any time per discretion of Midwest Horse Fair
- Midwest Horse Fair Ambassador (formerly known as Border Patrol) requirements include being at least 18 years of age and being able to ride a safe, crowd-suitable horse for all three days. Midwest Horse Fair Ambassador participants must abide by the Midwest Horse Fair Code of Conduct
- A digital photo must be submitted to complete your Midwest Horse Fair Ambassador application.